ISC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/07/2015.
What we collect
We may ask you for the following information if you use the personalised services offered by this website:
- name of the ISC school or ISC association that you work for
- full name and job title
- contact information; telephone number, email address, postal address
- meeting room booking requirements, including billing address
- demographic information; postcode, town, county
- school search requirements; residency, gender, age, religious affiliation, financial assistance, examinations, special education needs
- child's details; full name, month and year of birth, month and year of proposed school start date, current school
- details of your enquiry
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a personalised service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to respond to enquiries and requests
- to provide a list of ISC schools matching your personalised search criteria
- to register you for the private members area of the website - for ISC schools and ISC associations only
- internal record keeping and administration
- we may pass your details to selected ISC schools if you give us permission to do so
- we may use the information to improve our products and services, including this website
- we may use the information for statistical analysis
How we process and store this information
- Data submitted for the purpose of registering for the private members area of the website is processed by remote web servers and stored in databases in a secure UK data centre. This information is deleted when a member's account is removed from the system.
- Data submitted for the purpose of booking an ISC meeting room is processed by remote web servers and sent via email to members of staff at ISC, the data is not stored.
- Data submitted for the purpose of performing a personalised school search is processed by remote web servers to obtain matching results, the data is not stored.
- Data submitted for the purpose of providing schools with your contact details is processed by remote web servers and stored in databases in a secure UK data centre, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, for a period of no more than 60 days.
If you wish to photograph pupils for official school use, you should ensure that pupils (and/ or parents) are comfortable with the photography and are aware of the contexts in which such photographs could be used. Please seek legal advice, on the use of images of children.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when this website collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about visitors to this website, and those who log in to this website.
When someone visits this website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting this website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so - click on the following link for further information http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
How to control cookies
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings, typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following link may be helpful: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
If you disable cookies you will not be able to use all the interactive features of our website.
Cookies used on our website
|Accepts Cookies||AcceptsCookies||This cookie is used to control the appearance of the cookies information banner. This cookie is set on arrival to the site by default. It expires after a set time and is not set again unless a user changes their cookie settings.|
|Google Analytics||__utma, __utmz, _ga, _gat||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited Click here for an overview of privacy at Google: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously consented to ISC contacting you, you may change your mind at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISC works with trusted companies which help us to manage our databases. Should you require more specific information, please email: email@example.com. We do not pass personal information onto any other third parties except where permission has been given or where we are required to do so by law.
Independent Schools Council is registered as a data controller, with the Information Commissioner's Office. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: ISC, Legal Team, First Floor, 27 Queen Anne's Gate, London SW1H 9BU or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. A fee of £10 will be payable. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.