The Independent Schools Council brings together seven associations of independent schools, their heads, bursars and governors.
Through our member associations we represent over 1,200 independent schools in the UK and overseas. These schools are ranked among the best in the world and educate more than half a million children each year.
What we do at ISC
ISC’s work is carried out by a small number of dedicated professionals working out of our offices in Central London. We are assisted by the contributions from expert advisory groups in specialist areas. Our priorities are set by the board of directors led by our Chairman, Barnaby Lenon. We are tasked by our members to protect and promote the sector in everything we do.
ISC has six main functions:
- Provide authoritative research and intelligence about the sector
- Provide legal and regulatory information/guidance
- Provide online access and support informing parental decisions
- Promote the sector through agreed national messaging and communications
- Provide a meeting place in central London for members
- Promote public affairs and parliamentary engagement on behalf of the sector
Find out more in the sections below.