Glenalmond is one of Scotland's top boarding and day schools, situated in 300 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside. This rural location creates a caring and supportive community in which boys and girls thrive. Academic results are strong particularly in sciences, maths, art, music and languages. There are numerous opportunities in sport and other outdoor activities, as well as many musical, theatrical and artistic groups.
Ms Elaine Logan (Warden)
Religious affiliation: Scottish Episcopal Church
Day/boarding type: Day and Full boarding
Gender profile: Coeducational
Glenalmond College fees:
Boarding fees per term:
£8,286 to £11,590
Day fees per term:
£5,490 to £7,318
Scholarships & bursaries:
ISC reference number:
DfE reference number:
538 / 1037
Boys - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 12 to 18 (53)
Boarding: 12 to 18 (145)
Sixth form: (98)
Girls - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 12 to 18 (33)
Boarding: 12 to 18 (124)
Sixth form: (72)
Glenalmond College is one of the UK’s leading co-educational boarding schools, with an excellent record of academic achievement.
Over 80% of pupils are boarders. Most of our pupils are British: only 25% are from outside the UK and only 7% are from outside Europe.
All teachers live on campus and there is a full programme of activities each weekend. School life is as busy at the weekend as it is during the week.
Every year, around half of Glenalmond pupils get places at Oxford, Cambridge and the Russell Group universities and almost all leavers get into their first choice of university.
Glenalmond College is located on a 300 acre countryside campus in Perthshire, Scotland, one hour’s drive from Edinburgh/Glasgow airports, which are one hour’s flight from London. The campus has excellent academic, creative and sporting facilities, and is an inspiring environment for young people to learn and grow.
Glenalmond College inspires learning. To reward excellence and develop potential, scholarships are available for pupils who will benefit from all the school has to offer, enhance the Glenalmond community and contribute to the continued success of the school.
- Academic Scholarships are offered at 12+, 13+ and for Sixth Form. Those applying at 13+ sit our own examinations based on the CE syllabus in February 2018.
- Art, Music and special awards for Golf, Piping and Organ are available to candidates at any age. Music and Organ auditions can be arranged with the Director of Music at a mutually convenient time. Candidates for Piping and Art awards are normally interviewed as part of the All Rounder and Outstanding Talent Award Day which will take place in February 2018.
- All Rounder and Outstanding Talent Award (sport) interviews and assessments will take place in February 2018.
- Sixth form entrance examinations will be held in November 2017.
- Entrance examinations for the Second Form, and for Third Form applicants who will not be taking the Common Entrance Examination, will take place in February 2018.
Full details of all scholarship dates can be found on the school website www.glenalmondcollege.co.uk/admissions/scholarships
In addition, a number of means-tested bursaries are also available to ensure that a Glenalmond education is accessible to as many potential pupils as possible.
For details of these scholarships and the entrance procedures for Glenalmond College, please contact: Mr Mike Jeffers, Registrar, Glenalmond College, Perth PH1 3RY. Tel: 01738 842144 Fax: 01738 842063 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships & Bursaries offered
- Academic scholarships
- All Rounder awards
- Art scholarships
- Choral scholarships
- Drama scholarships
- Music scholarships
- Sport scholarships
- Clergy discounts
- Sixth Form scholarships
- H M Forces discounts
- Sibling discounts
- Bursaries for new entrants
Disclaimer: Data is provided by the school, ISC is not responsible for inaccuracies