DLD College London
DLD is a co-ed Independent Sixth Form College with a small GCSE section. Students are guided by highly qualified tutors to become independent learners, fully prepared for University. A wide range of subjects are on offer with excellent facilities.
Mr Irfan Latif (Principal)
Religious affiliation: All Faiths
Day/boarding type: Day and Full Boarding
Gender profile: Coeducational
DLD College London fees:
Boarding fees per term:
£14,723 to £17,553
Day fees per term:
Scholarships & bursaries:
ISC reference number:
DfE reference number:
208 / 6004
Boys - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 14 to 20 (79)
Boarding: 14 to 20 (82)
Sixth form: (128)
Girls - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 14 to 20 (62)
Boarding: 14 to 20 (110)
Sixth form: (146)
DLD College is a leading independent boarding and day school that offers over 400 students a wide-ranging curriculum in a superb and modern learning environment. It is delivered by teachers who are selected for their academic strength, enthusiasm and their ability to relate positively to young people. We are helping students achieve grades they often didn’t believe possible and preparing them to access the university courses and destinations of their choice.
DLD College is a dynamic place to study providing high quality GCSE, A Level & BTEC courses as well as International Foundation Programmes. Our lessons are lively and encourage students to discuss ideas, ask questions and actively learn. We recognise that choosing the most appropriate programme of study is a very important part of the application process and we therefore invite all those interested in enrolling at DLD to an interview to discuss their subject choices. We believe small class sizes encourage a more purposeful learning environment and allows for a greater measure of individual attention, helping students to be more focused on their studies and building their confidence. Students learn important study skills including note taking, essay writing, time management, revision and exam techniques. On average, class sizes at DLD are around 10-12 students. Each student is allocated a Personal Tutor who monitors their progress as they move through the course. The wellbeing of students is paramount and the Personal Tutors are backed up by a team of dedicated Directors of Studies.
In September 2015, DLD College relocated to brand new, purpose built premises in the heart of London, overlooking Westminster and the River Thames. DLD College London is a truly unique College campus with facilities including:
• On-site boarding accommodation. Boarding with us in an extraordinary experience, offering unique opportunities for a wide range of boarders’ trips throughout London, in-house activities and special occasions.
• 55 classrooms – 60 touch screens.
• Theatre with state-of-the-art LED lighting. The theatre is also equipped with a cinema screen and surround sound.
• Dedicated Wellbeing Centre where students have access to a range of support including the Head of Wellbeing, the College Nurse, College Counsellor, student services as well as a Performance and Wellbeing Practitioner.
• Two music rooms fully equipped with the latest iMacs and software, a studio complex with three rooms. The music technology lab comprises state-of-the-art iMac computers with the latest versions of Logic and Sibelius software on them. In addition, we have three practice rooms equipped with musical instruments.
• Three Art studios, Graphic suite and a Photography studio and classrooms.
• Separate laboratories for Biology, Chemistry and Physics equipped with interactive touch screens.
• Dedicated learning zones with quiet booths and filtered water fountains.
• Under 16’s study areas equipped with computers (supervised) and open space learning.
• 5 private tuition rooms for one-to-one learning.
• The Global Kitchen provides a multifunctional space for eating, studying and socialising, and has a mixture of long bench style tables and booths. In addition, students also have access to a Café from 8am.
• Atrium with film projectors and surround sound.
• New Gallery workspace with seating for student group work.
• New Library space.
• New e-hub and DLD Genius Bar.
• Underground swimming pool and fitness suite available through Urbanest.
Scholarships & Bursaries offered
- Academic scholarships
- All Rounder awards
- Art scholarships
- Drama scholarships
- Music scholarships
- Science/Technology scholarships
- Sport scholarships
- Sixth Form scholarships
- Sibling discounts
- Bursaries for new entrants
Disclaimer: Data is provided by the school, ISC is not responsible for inaccuracies