Felsted offers boys and girls aged four to eighteen a first class all round education, based on a safe, rural 80 acre village campus in stunning North Essex, only one hour from London and Cambridge. We welcome students from all over the world to appreciate a British boarding school education, plus offer day and a number of flexible boarding options for our more local families, with daily bus routes from across the region.
Mr Christopher Townsend (Headmaster)
Religious affiliation: Church of England
Day/boarding type: Day, Weekly and Full boarding
Gender profile: Coeducational
Felsted School fees:
Boarding fees per term:
£9,995 to £12,495
Day fees per term:
£8,156 to £8,165
Scholarships & bursaries:
ISC reference number:
DfE reference number:
881 / 6009
Boys - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 13 to 18 (96)
Boarding: 13 to 18 (226)
Sixth form: (134)
Girls - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 13 to 18 (54)
Boarding: 13 to 18 (183)
Sixth form: (118)
- Independent, Co-educational, Ages 4-18
- A holistic education that develops the character of every child
- Day and Contemporary Boarding options (3, 5 or 7 nights)
- Superb pastoral care tailored to each individual
- Exciting learning opportunities and a broad curriculum
- Stimulating, dynamic and supportive teachers
- Choice of A Levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Top university entry and work education programme
- NACE award for developing the most able pupils plus an outstanding SEND Department
- Established partnership with the Junior Guildhall School of Music
- National sporting reputation. Partnerships with Essex CCC, Saracens RFC, Mavericks Netball and Blue Hornets Hockey
- Leading co-curricular and leadership programme
- An unrivalled heritage of education, dating back to 1564
Scholarships and Mary Skill Awards are available for candidates showing excellence in and commitment to Academic subjects, Music, Art, Sport, Design and Technology and Drama. Scholarships can be worth up to 20% off the fees and Mary Skill Awards up to £2000 per annum.
Felsted has a long tradition of providing assistance with the cost of school fees to pupils whose families do not have the resources to cover the cost of their education, but who would gain great benefit from the educational experience that Felsted can offer.
Requests for financial support usually falls into one of the below four categories.
- Top-up Bursary: for applicants who have been awarded an Academic, Art, D&T, Drama, Music or Sport Scholarship, or a Mary Skill Award, but whose parents are unable to afford the full fees
- Open Bursary: for applicants whose families would otherwise be unable to consider the school due to their financial circumstances. Up to two open bursaries will be offered each year to day or boarding pupils entering Year 7, 9 and 12, who we consider will benefit most from the opportunity and who are in the greatest financial need. Up to 100% support is available dependent on financial means.
- Hardship Bursary: for existing pupils where an unforeseen change in parent circumstances has resulted in difficulty in meeting the full fees, and would otherwise result in the child being withdrawn part way through an academic stage of a Felsted education.
- Sibling Bursary: for families with four or more children in the School at the same time.
All bursary applications are reviewed on a means-tested basis. Further information can be found on the Bursary Policy or via our website www.felsted.org.
Scholarships & Bursaries offered
- Academic scholarships
- All Rounder awards
- Art scholarships
- Choral scholarships
- Design scholarships
- Drama scholarships
- Music scholarships
- Science/Technology scholarships
- Sport scholarships
- Sixth Form scholarships
- Clergy discounts
- H M Forces discounts
- Sibling discounts
- Bursaries for new entrants
- Hardship awards for existing pupils
- Lump sum payment discounts
Disclaimer: Data is provided by the school, ISC is not responsible for inaccuracies