ISC does not have a remit to deal with school complaints or offer advice regarding complaints.

Contact the school directly

Depending on your concern, the usual route for a complaint would be:

  1. The Head Teacher: any issues concerning the general running of the school would need to be addressed to the Head in the first instance.
  2. The School Complaints Policy: all schools will have a policy governing their handling of parental complaints. This will be available on request from the school, if it has not already been given to you.
  3. The Governing Body: if you feel a complaint to a Head has not been answered satisfactorily, you could consider an appeal to the board of governors/proprietor/owners in writing.

You may also wish to consult the Independent Schools Inspectorate’s guidance on what to do if you have concerns about an independent school.

Issues concerning the general running of the school should be addressed to the Head