For the first time, an independent consultancy has analysed the economic benefits that independent schools bring to Britain. Its conclusions for the schools represented by the Independent Schools Council are striking:
- An annual contribution to GDP of £9.5 billion – larger than the City of Liverpool, or the BBC
- More than 227,000 FTE jobs in Britain supported by ISC schools – one for every two ISC pupils
- More than £3.6 billion in tax revenues flowing into the Exchequer each year
- Annual savings for the taxpayer of £3.0 billion – equivalent to building more than 460 new free schools every year
- Additional annual contribution of £1.0 billion to GDP arising out of the high academic performance of ISC school pupils
The Impact of independent schools on the British economy
A report by Oxford Economics for the Independent Schools Council. Please download the Independent Schools Economic Impact Report here (PDF 4MB).
You may like to use the infographics from the report in your school’s publications or on your school’s website.
Click here to download Infographic p4 as a PDF
Click here to download Infographic p4 as a JPEG
Click here to download Infographic p5 as a PDF
Click here to download Infographic p5 as a JPEG
Click here to download Infographic p12 as a PDF
Click here to download Infographic p12 as a JPEG
Please click on the small images below to see the full size posters that have been created to go with the Independent Schools Economic Impact Report.