Coronavirus (COVID-19) - information for schools
Other guidance notes
In addition, the DfE has published a collection of other guidance documents for schools. Key papers include:
- Actions for schools during the coronavirus outbreak (main Q&A document for schools).
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings.
- Safe working in education, childcare and children’s social care settings, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): guidance on isolation for residential educational settings.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): safeguarding in schools, colleges and other providers.
The DfE coronavirus helpline is available to answer questions about Covid-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday
- If you work in a school, please have your unique reference number (URN or UK PRN) available when calling the hotline.