Coronavirus (COVID-19) - information for schools
For coronavirus FAQs and to view recent ISC email alerts, please login into the ISC member zone.
Current DfE guidance
- Central page for all DfE COVID-19 guidance.
- Guidance on vulnerable children and young people.
- Guidance on isolation for residential education settings.
- Guidance for schools about temporarily closing.
- Q&A for parents and carers.
- Cancellation of GCSEs, AS and A-levels in 2020 Q&A.
- Free school meals guidance.
- Read travel advice reflecting FCO travel ban, advising against all domestic and overseas trips, and advice for students and staff currently overseas.
- Guidance on safeguarding
The DfE coronavirus helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday
If you work in a school, please have your unique reference number (URN or UK PRN) available when calling the hotline.
The Government's central coronavirus information page is available to read online.
The latest advice from Public Health England can be found here. This advice is currently being updated daily. If you click ‘see all updates’ at the top of the page, it will tell you what has been updated that day.
National Cyber Security Centre: How to make sure your schools IT teams and providers are prepared for an increase in working from home, including advice on spotting coronavirus scam emails.
The Scottish Council of Independent Schools (SCIS) has a guidance page for schools in Scotland (this also includes links to advice from around the world).
Updates from the BSA: