New guidance for charity trustees
The Charity Commission has published new guidance for charity trustees on fundraising from the public.
The Charity Commission emphasises the need for school boards to have effective oversight and focus over fundraising and donor care. Following are six key fundraising principles,
- Plan effectively
- Supervise the charity’s fundraisers
- Protect the charity’s reputation, money and other assets
- Identify and ensure compliance with the laws or regulations that apply specifically to the charity’s fundraising
- Identify and follow any recognised standards that apply to the charity’s fundraising
- Be open and accountable If you would like further information, please see the guide to trustee duties.
With thanks to IDPE for this notification.
School Regulation and Inspection - update September 2017
Data Protection, Charity Law, Pupil UPNs, Law Commission Report on Charity Law, Adrenaline auto-injectors and InspectionsRead More
School Regulation and Inspection - update July 2017
The Information Commissioner's Office has published revised guidance.Read More
School Regulation and Inspection - update June 2017
How to prepare for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)Read More
School Regulation and Inspection - update May 2017
Inspection - advice from ISIRead More
School Regulation and Inspection - update April 2017
Apprenticeship levyRead More
Teacher Workload Survey 2016
DfE Research reportDownload
Subject access code of practice
SAR code of practice: Dealing with requests from individuals for personal informationDownload