Every year ISC collects information about exam performance from member schools in the week following publication of results. Although ISC does not produce or endorse "school league tables" this information is used by the press to produce their independent school tables. After the original collection, many schools will update their results following re-marks and appeals. This information is incorporated into our tables, which are accordingly republished several times in the months after first publication.
Exam results, summer 2011 summary
- 19.1% of A-level entries from ISC pupils were awarded the grade A*; nationally the figure was 8.2%.
- 52.9% of A-level entries were awarded at least an A grade; nationally the figure was 27.0%.
- 31.4% of GCSE and IGCSE entries were awarded the grade A*; nationally the figure for GCSEs was 7.8%.
- 61.4% of GCSE and IGCSE entries were awarded A* or A; nationally the figure for GCSE was 23.2%.
- Pupils at ISC schools took a range of qualifications:
- Of the Year 13 cohort, 94.2% took at least one A-level, 5.3% took the International Baccalaureate, 4.6% took the Extended Project Qualification, and 2.7% took at least one Pre-U.
- Of the Year 11 cohort, 99.6% took at least one GCSE and 54.5% took at least one IGCSE. IGCSEs accounted for 16.7% of all Year 11 entries at ISC schools.