Searching for a school?
If you are looking for a school for your child please use our school searches:
Personalised School Search
Enter your specific criteria to identify schools for your child.
Postcode Map Search
Enter your post code to identify schools in your area.
Please contact schools directly if you have specific queries.
Help with fees?
The majority of funding comes from schools in the form of bursaries and/or scholarships. To find schools with financial assistance options please use our Personalised School Search.
Bursaries are means-assessed on a financial basis and will require the parent or guardian to fill out a declaration to establish whether the student meets the necessary criteria.
Scholarships are also available for pupils who are particularly strong in an area but more recently the majority of funding has shifted towards means-tested bursaries.
ISC does not provide assistance with funding but you may wish to contact the following:
- Educational Grants Advice Service (offer grants information and advice): +44 (0)1932 865619 (9am-11am, Monday - Friday)
- Educational Trusts’ Forum (offer advice on possible funding): www.educational-grants.org
Do be aware that charitable trusts and grant organisations have strict criteria and usually require social need to be the contributing factor to the application for funds.
Have a complaint?
ISC does not have a remit to get involved with complaints or offer advice regarding complaints.
Depending on your concern, the usual route for a complaint would be:
- The Head Teacher: any issues concerning the general running of the school would need to be addressed to the Head in the first instance.
- The School Complaints Policy: all schools will have a policy governing their handling of parental complaints. This will be available on request from the school, if it has not already been given to you.
- The Governing Body: if you feel a complaint to a Head has not been answered satisfactorily, you could consider an appeal to the board of governors/proprietor/owners in writing.
You may also with to consult ISI’s guidance on what to do if you have concerns about an independent school.
Require information about special educational needs?
To find a school in your area with SEN provision:
- Use ISC's Personalised School Search to identify schools to contact directly.
- Use ISBI's Schools Search to identify schools to contact directly.
ISC is unable to advise parents on individual matters regarding SEN, please contact schools directly regarding specific enquiries.
Want to set up a school/join ISC?
To set up a school please consult the Independent Education and Boarding Team information page at the Department for Education.
To join ISC please contact one of our Associations for membership information.
Have a query relating to examinations?
If you have a query relating to the 11+ or 13+ Common Entrance Exam please contact ISEB: +44 (0)1202 487 538.
If your query is relating to the GCSE or A-Level examinations please contact the exam boards.
Require a school outside of the UK?
If you are looking for a school outside the UK please contact COBIS: +44 (0)2082 404 141 or email email@example.com.