New guidance for charity trustees
The Charity Commission has published new guidance for charity trustees on fundraising from the public.
The Charity Commission emphasises the need for school boards to have effective oversight and focus over fundraising and donor care. Following are six key fundraising principles,
- Plan effectively
- Supervise the charity’s fundraisers
- Protect the charity’s reputation, money and other assets
- Identify and ensure compliance with the laws or regulations that apply specifically to the charity’s fundraising
- Identify and follow any recognised standards that apply to the charity’s fundraising
- Be open and accountable If you would like further information, please see the guide to trustee duties.
With thanks to IDPE for this notification.
Children missing education - statutory guidance
The reporting duties for schools when children are missing education have changed.Read More
New Fundraising Regulator
There will be a new fundraising regulator, formed as a result of the Etherington review into fundraising.Read More
Ofqual is currently seeking viewsRead More
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The GDPR will come into effect on 25 May 2018 and will affect every organisation that processes EU residents’ personally identifiable information.Read More
Childcare and Schools fact sheets
Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act: Childcare and Schools fact sheets from the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.Download
Proposed New Independent School Standards
Government consultation response from the Department for Education.Download