Data Protection guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
ICO's recent publications.
The ICO has recently published:
- A 12-step checklist to help organisations prepare for the forthcoming reforms in data protection.
- New guidance for data controllers on the encryption of personal data.
- A self-assessment toolkit for small and medium sized businesses
- A ‘practical guide to IT security: ideal for the small business’ which includes updated advice about the cloud.
- Interim guidance on data transfers to the US and Safe Harbor
- Guidance on Direct Marketing
Children missing education - statutory guidance
The reporting duties for schools when children are missing education have changed.Read More
New Fundraising Regulator
There will be a new fundraising regulator, formed as a result of the Etherington review into fundraising.Read More
New guidance for charity trustees
The Charity Commission has published new guidance for charity trustees on fundraising from the public.Read More
Ofqual is currently seeking viewsRead More
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The GDPR will come into effect on 25 May 2018 and will affect every organisation that processes EU residents’ personally identifiable information.Read More
Childcare and Schools fact sheets
Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act: Childcare and Schools fact sheets from the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.Download
Proposed New Independent School Standards
Government consultation response from the Department for Education.Download