Finance Manager – part time
0.4 FTE (2 day per week or equivalent)
The Independent Schools Council (ISC) is the umbrella body representing more than 1,200 independent schools educating more than 500,000 children. ISC schools include the famous name boarding schools, though the majority of ISC schools are day schools which are not widely known beyond their local communities. The great majority of children in UK independent schools are in ISC schools. ISC is strictly independent of all political parties and acts in the interests of all children. ISC’s operations are carried out in a small Central London office by 7 full time and 4 part time staff. It is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee with annual turnover (subscription income) of around £1m.
ISC is seeking an experienced finance professional to manage all financial reporting and processing functions of our small team. Applicants will be self-starters; comfortable working part time on their own and as part of a small office. A good working knowledge of excel and Sage 200 is essential, as is direct experience with each of the specific responsibilities listed below. Successful candidates will be comfortable liaising with external stakeholders and personnel at all levels. Potential candidates will also be able to demonstrate a keen interest in the education sector, or an ability and willingness to gain a quick understanding of relevant information and issues.
- Process invoices received for payment and input into Sage
- Monitor payments received and input into Sage
- Prepare monthly/YTD statements of income and expenditure (management accounts) and full year forecasts against budget
- Liaise with auditors over production and audit of annual report and accounts
- Manage/monitor cash and bank accounts, prepare and review monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage/monitor investments and investment manager
- Manage monthly payroll submission to Moorepay and associated HMRC pension payments
- Calculate subscriptions and issue invoices to associations annually/monthly (as agreed with each association)
- Manage/monitor office insurances
- Act as secretary to the Finance Committee
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as requested.
2 days a week or equivalent
Up to £40,000 FTE depending on experience.
Ideally by Wednesday 24th July
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21st June with full cv and covering letter.